Parcel Delivery Service
The lack of a good parcel delivery service
at home is due to:
1. The owner not being present;
2. The requirement for a signature
3. The residence does not have
a safe drop location to leave the parcel when owner is not present;
4. Dogs or any safety issues can
5. Some delivery drivers believe it
is simply easier to leave a “Sorry We Missed You” Card and return your parcels
to a depot or post office parcel locker.
Box Owners Can Benefit
Almost all couriers and transporters are more than happy
to accept the Australian Parcel Box as a better alternative to a
non-delivery. This can be done using an “Authority to Leave (ATL)” instruction
to the courier or delivery driver, noting your Australian Parcel Box as the
Safe Drop Location. If the coded door is to be used, ensure the Lock Code is
included in the delivery instructions.
Australia Post Delivery to Parcel Boxes
Common sense has prevailed with Australia Post (including
Star Track) changing their terms and conditions to allow “Safe Drop” as an
option for your delivery.
With a simple check option “Use Safe Drop for this Delivery” you
can now request the parcel is delivered into your secure parcel box.
If a Signature is not Required
When we don't need a signature for delivery, we'll try to find a suitable place to leave your parcel (The Australia Parcel Box Range is a prefect safe location for parcel drop). If we can't, it'll be taken to a nearby Post Office for collection.
Either way, you'll get a notification telling you where your parcel is.
If a Signature is Required
You can use your ‘MyPost’ account to request a Safe Drop for some parcels, waiving the requirement for signature on delivery. You can even select a location for your parcel to be left.
And if you change your mind, you can cancel Safe Drop up until 1 hour before delivery.
So, to take advantage of this change make sure you:
1. Have a secure drop location. The Australia
Parcel Box Range is a prefectly safe location for parcel drop, both the Oz-eBox
and Jo-eBox can fit up to 3 boxes of Wine through the coded door. The Jo-eBox
adds a (400h x 450w) stainless steel front Louvre for quick delivery.
2. Set up a MYPost account at Australia Post and
specify safe drop.
3. When you order items on line, address them to "Secure Parcel Box" before your street address (Include the access code if Large Parcels are to be delivered through the coded door). In the comments field, make it clear you want the sender to address to safe drop in your parcel mailbox.